Friday, March 31, 2006



All the rain and sun has been bringing out the flowers. The previous owner had a bulb/rhododendron and rose fetish. The bulbs are popping up in places I had no idea they were.



Lots of daffodils, allium and tulips right now. Earlier there was crocus and I can see crocosmia, lilys and glads coming up for later. I've been moving a lot of them to new locations.




I've transplanted and given away tons of rhodis. We've been pruning them like crazy too but they're starting to bloom. The magnoial and fruit trees are too.



I used my mediocre buildingn skills and the pile of scrapwood we have from tearing down part of the barn to build a sandbox for the boys. They had a small plastic sand/water toy but they needed something to crawl around in. I needed a distraction for them while I garden. So far they seem to really be enjoying it although the sand has been getting wet. I used an old canopy I bought last summer for the top and through a tarp over the top of the sand overnight but it still got wet through the cracks in the bottom. They don't see to mind.





Nolan did actually help me build the sandbox. It was probably a bad idea but I let him screw in the screws with the drill and he did a perfect job. I just got the screw started and he was very slow and meticulous and drilled them all in. He wasn't quite as good with the hammer. Caleb picked up the hammer to help but I took it away. He definately wasn't ready to help!