Monday, May 26, 2008

Work, Play and Memorial Day.

The boys have been enjoying the new pool and pirate ship. I bought some new sand for the sandbox as well and Caleb loves it. He played so hard one day he fell asleep in the chair when we came inside.



I had a wetland delineation to do up in Crescenct city so we made a weekend out of it. I got to go surfing and the boys played on their sponge board. Loren got to surf too, but was much more excited about flying the Spiderman and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle kites we brought along. =) In reality it was really cold and nasty all weekend and we spent a lot of time in the hotel room watching Fairly Odd Parents and other fun cartoons we don't get to see most of the time. We also went and watch Speed Racer and it was awesome. I think Loren and I liked it more than the boys did! We also played in the pool. Caleb decided to let go of the side of the pool where he couldn't reach and gave his dad a scare. Nolan did a good job practicing stuff from swimming lessons including his superman glides









These pictures are a little strange, but I was really excited to get my 2,2 dipyrirdyl to determine whether the soils in the project area were hydric or not (wetland soils). They turn pink if there if they are due to the conversion of iron in the soils. I also found some small eggs on a leaf of a wild cucumber (Marah oregana). I was just grabbing it to press for the herbarium, but after I found the leaves I put it in a jar. Hopefully I can manage to keep them at a natural humidity and temperature and they'll hatch. I'm pretty sure they're butterfly (caterpillar) eggs, but I'd like to see which species.