Sunday, July 06, 2008

A few more from up North....

Erika took us to visit Grandma Marie and Grandpa Hollis. I've always loved visiting cemetaries and it's nice to actually visit someone I know. Erika gave us roses to put on the gravesite. We didn't get to stay long, but it was a beautiful day and very peaceful. Afterwards we went to aunt Mo's for dinner and the boys colored and wrestled around in the yard a little. It almost looks like they're hugging here. Mo took us to the science center and Amanda and Cory came and helped out. We watched a 3d movie about a marine preserve in Africa and looked at as many exibits as we could. We chatted with a few crazies in the park, figured out the parking situtation and ate some overpriced food in the food court. Mo bent down for me in this picture. I still can't figure out why all of my relatives, including my parents are over 5'6" and I never got past 5'2", but oh well. It's easier for me to sleep on couches when I need to I guess. I also took the boys to the zoo and we saw almost all of the exhibits. Of course I focused on the insects and arachnids. They had a great butterfly garden and chrysalis display. There were mimicry exhibits and a lot of information about attracting and maintaining butterflies in your yard. I also loved the African village and the hippos. Definately reminded me that I'd like to get to Africa. Mo and Amanda just went awhile ago and Mo is going back again for some missionary work. She said she'd bring me back a drum! The boys loved the wetlands and birds, but enjoyed the play areas the most. It was a great setup for kids and both of the boys have gotten really social. They got to play with children of all different races and cultures and I was so amazed that they don't even know the difference yet. I kept waiting for them to ask me something about it since we live in a pretty homogenous area, but they didn't even notice. They were just having fun.